Friday 12 August 2011

Cupcakes !

Hi everyone! These days, it seems cupcake shops are very popular in the city. I've seen quite a few here and there but the only other one I've been inside is the Cupcake Shoppe located at Yonge and Eglington. These past few days I have discovered a new cupcake shop called Prairie Girl, located in the downtown area. 


The picture is from here. The thing about these cupcakes is if you don't like icing, your screwed haha. the icing is literally bigger than the cake itself! When I ate these, I use a fork to eat it slowly (since they are $1.75 each I want to savour the taste) and its quite yummy. I think if you ate the whole thing at once, you might find there to be too much icing. The icing comes in many flavours, atop of a few base cakes (red velvet, chocolate, vanilla, carrot, etc.) So far I have tried vanilla with chocolate icing, vanilla with strawberry icing, and red velvet with buttercream icing :) I have to say I love the strawberry icing! It has a natural taste of strawberries and isn't too too sweet :) 
The website for prairie girl is here  - http://prairiegirlbakery.com/menu/
Definitely check them out if you have a sweet tooth!

Until next time,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog