Wednesday 13 July 2011

Beauty haul, nails, and hair cut!

Hey! Long time no post :( The reason for my lack of posts is because my second term of physics has started, and we only had 3 classes and next week there's a midterm already! I also volunteer at a few different places so I feel like when I'm not at school and volunteering, I have to be keeping up with my readings and homework! Anyways, starting with my haul, my friend recently visited Hong Kong and Bangkok and managed to get me a few goodies :) 

Beginning with the hair dyes, 


 I've read good reviews on this brand of hair dye where the colour ends up very true to the image on the box. These two are in Milk Tea brown and Chestnut Brown. I think the chestnut brown will be a nice winter colour, and the milk tea brown a lovely summer colour.
In Asia, the brand Canmake is very popular and I managed to get the Canmake nudy glow lip gloss in milk tea 04:


The colour is a very pigmented and it is a nude-pink that is similar to my natural lip colour:


Also from Canmake, I got the cream cheek blush in 01 peach dream and it is adorable ! It's a lot smaller than I was imaging, though. I tried this blush on my lips and it serves as a soft peachy-pink lip stick (but you need to apply lip balm to prevent drying effects).  


 I've been dying to get the Shiseido Majolica Majorca lash expander frame plus mascara after hearing SO many great reviews all over the blog community and YouTube. 


 After trying this mascara, I honestly feel like it is the best mascara I have ever used. Since I can't always get this mascara, I've decided to save it for special occasions only since it is quite pricey (about $20 CAN) The brush is very small and has a unique shape where you can turn it any way to brush your eyelashes. The formula contains fibers (that I originally thought were people's eyelashes when I first opened the tube :P), that add on to your natural lashes for that false-eyelashes effect. Removal of this mascara does take longer than your average mascara but I use the Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover (the purple one from Target) and it comes off in less than a minute. 

Here is a picture of me wearing the mascara:




Moving onto nails, I recently painted my nails a white metallic shade in Kyoto Pearl by OPI



I haven't used this colour in ages, but I have rediscovered it and I find it as a very elegant shade (good for weddings). Finally, I recently cut my long hair to about shoulder length (I cut off about a good 10 cm) and I found a picture my dad took of me today when I was volunteering at the hospital,




Of course he would take a picture right as I press a wrong button ! :D 
This just about wraps up this long blog post and I hope everyone has a great upcoming weekend!
Rebecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog