Saturday 2 July 2011

Nail polish and gemstones.

Today I went out with my good friend for some shopping and dinner, and we stopped by a little boutique selling nail polish and cosmetic brands such as Nyx cosmetics and coastal scents palettes. I picked up Essie's nail polish in Tarte deco and here is a picture of it on:


The colour is slightly more pink in person. It is a soft coral colour, perfect if you want to look tanned. My friend has Essie's Nice is Nice, a lovely lilac purple, which I can't wait to pick up in the future. 

Earlier in the day, I spent some time with my mom window shopping in the Yorkville area. We came across a jewelry line called Anzie, which is a collection mainly of different types of gemstones. Found by a Canadian mother and daughter, they designed their jewelery to be worn for casual and formal occasions.

Here are some pieces that really caught my eye: 

1. White topaz and silver bracelet


SO PRETTY! This bracelet sparkles under the light and the clearness of the topaz does not act as a extremely flashy piece of jewelry. It is hand crafted made of sterling silver. 

2. Snowflake earrings in turquoise quartz

These earrings are definitely eye-openers. The blue stone makes me think of staring at the bottom of a pool in a resort located in the Caribbeans. The mobility of these earrings causes them to dangle as you move around allowing light to hit them from different directions. 

3. Black onyx and silver ring


A beautiful onyx sparkles in a different way than a topaz or diamond would sparkle. However I find that difference compelling and it isn't as "sparkly" compared to a diamond that size :P. I don't like overly flashy jewelry so I think this piece is lovely. I probably won't be getting any of these any time soon, but I can dream, right? 

Until next time,
Rebecca.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your nail polish. I adore your blog and will definitly come back to read more of your posts. I wish you lots of luck with it.

    All the best,
    Voe.
    _____________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your sweet comment ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog