Friday 22 July 2011

Update and Wish List !

Hello everyone! Yesterday was the day of my physics midterm, it was literally so stressful. But I'm glad it's over with, and now I can relax for the weekend (hopefully). Yesterday was the hottest day in history (for Toronto) and I have to say, it definitely affected me. It takes me about an hour to get onto my university campus (including walking and transit) so I was in the sun for a good 15 minutes here and there. BRUTAL! I really hope that those that had to work outside in this hot weather are drinking a lot of water and wearing sunscreen. 

Anyways! I decided to relax by doing some online shopping. I haven't made purchases yet, but I saved a few items that really caught my eye while I was browsing. Let's get right to it:

1. Floral romper 

 This romper really caught my eye with it's cute soft colours and playful design. It has a sweetheart cut at the top which I think adds girly-ness and the poofy skirt part helps accentuate your waist. You can find this here,

2. Semi-fancy evening dress

I love the colour and shape of this dress. The dress is brighter than a navy, but definitely less dramatic than an electric blue. The stud detail is really cute, and the shape is very flattering. It adds curves (as the skirt is a bit poofier than the top) and I like the idea of the halter top, because you can tie it higher if it is too low. Also, you could wear a black lace bandeau or plain bandeau underneath. You can find this dress here

3. Elegant romper

I really liked this romper with it's classic bow design (I have a love for bows) and it's loose fitting style. It will not make you look like you are swimming in the romper, and it isn't too short so you can wear it to more formal occasions. I know black is not normally a summer colour but i think for this piece, it is most striking in black. You can find this here

4. Pink Denim shorts

 I've actually had my eye on these pair of shorts for a few years now, but never made the purchase. They are a mineral wash denim pair of shorts, that have an elastic waist that should be comfortable and cute slits on the sides. I don't think I have seen the pink ones in store, but I have seen the blue and black ones which I also think are very cute. You can find these shorts here!


5. Cute lace tank


Hollister is known for their sweet and girly tank tops that are comfortable and casual enough to wear everyday. A cute tank top with denim shorts belted with a thick leather belt is an easy way to look summer-y yet casual! This tank comes in a variety of colours and my favourite is this light grey and the white. You can find this tank here


6. Fun hair accessory 


This hair tie is actually a piece of wire covered in chiffon fabric. I love the black colour for this hair tie and can be bent into a hairband in the shape of bunny ears, a cute bow, or even folded into a rosette shape. Everyone loves keeping their hair out of their eyes on extremely hot days and this is just one way to do it! You can find this cute hair piece here


7. Fun sunglasses 

i) ray bans


Yes, everyone wears these. But I love the classic look of these sunglasses, they are kind of quirky and in my opinion, adds personality to your look. Instead of the usual posh large round sunglasses that make you look like a bug, these ones give off a different vibe. I think sunglasses are the most important accessory this summer because when I walk outside, I can barely see due to the strength of the light rays. I NEED sunglasses or else I'll be squinting like crazy! You can find these here

Thank you for reading my mini wish list ! Please feel free to leave a comment :)

Rebecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog