Friday 1 July 2011

All about eyelids!

Eyelids? You may ask what is the such a big deal with such a tiny yet prominent feature? Today, many women (and occasionally men) have become obsessed with the double eye lid fold, especially in Asian cultures. This is due to the fact that a larger population of Asian people do not have the double eye lids, compared to other races. This does not mean that all Asians do not have double eye-lids though, so you cannot assume that just because an Asian has double eye lids it means they got their lids done :). 

I have thin double eye lids that are not obvious and the fold does not continue onto my inner eyes. I personally do not use double eye lid glue or tape because it takes too much time, is uncomfortable, and I don't think it looks so amazing that I would trade comfortable blinking for beauty. I have tried double eyelid glue and tape and definitely do not have anything against it, as long as you don't mind wearing them it is fine either way. 

Here is a picture of my left eye with the double eye lid glue and my right eye without, before applying eye makeup: 


As you can see, there is a difference, but personally, I don't mind having slightly smaller eyes :P. I used the Koji eye talk eye glue (about $20 from a mall near me) and you can find many tutorials on Youtube show you how to apply the glue. I find the glue causes your eyelid to fold unevenly and bumpy, and when blinking, it is uncomfortable because normally, that skin is relaxed. It causes me to keep my eyes open for longer, and my eyes end up watering because it isn't used to the unnatural blinking process. This glue isn't a complete waste however, I have heard many people use it as their eyelash glue.

Here is another picture with eye makeup: 


Again, my left eye looks bigger. In my past I have used eyelid tape (about $5) and I have found that to be painful as well. And throughout the day, I find the tape looses its stickiness and one of the ends will come off! (Looks weird haha) I personally think your natural eye shape suits you and looks the best on you. However, if you insist on wanting double eye lids, there are cosmetic surgeries for that, but I do not know much about them. Here's a before and after picture I found online: 


Pretty crazy! Anyways, I hope some of you may have found this helpful before you went out to try these double eye lid tools yourself. 





This is what I normally wear as makeup, nothing much, normally just BB cream, liquid eyeliner, mascara, and maybe an eye shadow or two. I should put something on my brows but sometimes I just don't have time! I will be doing a quick makeup for school soon. (I always used to accidently wake up like 20 minutes before class and would be in a huge hurry). 



Thanks for reading,

Rebecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog