Saturday 4 June 2011

Lip Balm Review 


Over the past years, I have enjoyed buying a variety of lip balms and came to the realization that a lip balm must a) smell good! b) have moisturizing benefits. Here is my review on some of the lip balms I am trying and I hope this might be helpful to you!

1. H&M strawberry kiss lip balm (approx. $5)

 

       This is a great lip balm, it smells of very sweet and artificial strawberry and is made of Vaseline (the infamous moisturizer). The consistency is exactly the same as Vaseline, and if you like that oily, smooth texture- then you will love this lip balm. I got this lip balm last year around Valentines day, so I am not certain if it is limited edition.

2. Anna Sui Lip balm (approx. $20)




      This lip balm is okay, but it is not one that I will repurchase. It is pretty expensive for a lip balm, and some people may find the scent offensive. It smells of rosewater, and has a very oily and runny consistency. The packaging is quite extravagant, and I like the signature Anna Sui roses against black design. 

      3. Lip smackers in vanilla (approx. $3) 

       
      I am not a very big fan of the lip smackers lip balm, I think they are fun and cute to own, and are a part of every girl’s childhood. They do not contain very moisturizing ingredients. I will not be repurchasing this lip balm again but I think they are great for kid’s loot bags. 

      4. Kiss my face lip balm (in strawberry lemon) ($3)

      
      When I purchased this lip balm at Whole Foods, I was absolutely in love with the scent, it smells of strawberry and honey. The ingredient list looks great, from beeswax to shea butter. Love it and may try other flavours.

      5.  DHC lip cream (approx. $7.50)


I received this lip balm as a gift from my aunt, and was not very impressed because there is no scent! It is moisturizing but I have no desire to apply this due to the fact that it is unscented. The packaging is great though, good quality plastic with a lipstick style bottle. 


      6. Fresh Sugar lip balm (approx. $26)




      This is a very expensive lip balm! It smells lovely- a very lemon-buttery scent, and glides on smoothly. The moisturizing benefits are great, however my problem with this lip balm is that it runs out too quickly. The lip balm will last you about max. 2 months which is unacceptable for the price. The packaging is lovely (but quite heavy!), it has a bronzed finish with a lipstick style bottle.
       
      7. SoftLips in strawberry (approx. $6) 




      I used to be obsessed with these softlips lip balms because they glided on so smoothly and smelt delicious. As of late, I have not been as inclined to purchase these as they are quite expensive for the quality. I personally don't think they are as moisturizing as the Burts Bees or Ballmania. I think these are much cheaper in the States at Walgreens or CVS rather than in Shoppers located in Canada. 
     
      8. Burts Bees lip balm in peppermint (approx. $5) 

     
      This is my absolute holy grail lip balm. I love the tingly mint feeling it gives your dry lips and after a few minutes your lips feel hydrated and smooth. The scent is great if you like peppermint, and for the price, it is amazing.

      9. Ballmania lip balm (approx. $8)


     This lip balm is one of my favourites. The quality is amazing for the price. In terms of packaging of this lip balm, it is adorable! The smell reminds me of Blistex DCT lipbalm, but much more sugary. The consistency is similar to the H&M strawberry kiss lip balm but it is a bit thicker and creamier.

      Thank you every one for reading and take care :)
      Rebecca ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog