Sunday 5 June 2011

Tasty food/Mini Collective Haul

   Hello! Today is a really beautiful day, 23 °C/73°F but I am stuck inside, blogging and later, doing some of my physics homework =(. Recently, I ate at a Vietnamese restaurant called Lemongrass, and I think they are a big franchise because I always see them around everywhere. Here is a picture of what I ate... 

 It is chicken with vegetables on the side, and "bun" noodles, I think it's a type of rice noodle but correct me if I'm wrong! You are supposed to pour this..watery-sour-sweet sauce on top (sounds gross but its really yummy). Here is a picture of what my friend got...

  It's a VERY spicy soup with rice noodle, seafood and vegetables. I had a sip of this, and nearly died! I needed to drink half a glass of water to recover (lol). This restaurant is pretty good, not the best, but I like the interior design of the place. They also had a $1.99 special on a strawberry smoothie that I tried. Not as great as the smoothies from Cultures, which i LOVE, but still good for the price. 

Now, moving on to the haul... I find that when summer comes around I am always out shopping around and picking up a few things every so often. Here are some of the things (beauty related) that I have chosen in the last little while: 
My friend and i went crazy at Bath and Body works yesterday! They had their usual buy 3 get 2 free deal but they also had spend $30 get $10 off! I calculated how much we saved, and we saved $35. I bought the coconut mango scrub, and two triple body moisture creams in Secret Wonderland and Country Chic. My friend got the same scrub, and a Into the Wild cream. Firstly, I was so excited to get the scrub! For ~$12, it's really good! It makes your skin feel very soft and the so called "crushed walnut shells" are not abrasive on your skin. It also smells really yummy and not sickly. The Secret Wonderland cream was purchased for a friend, and it smells very girly and ..magical. It is hard to describe because it is not something simple like a fruit, but the packaging is so pretty! I also love my Country chic cream, I have wanted this for so long, and I love the scent! It smells floral, summery, and soothing.

Moving onto some lip products and powder, 

This is the Revlon matte lipstick in smoked peach. ~$6, this lipstick is okay, the colour is a nice and light peach, but I find it a bit drying. My lips are pink naturally, so this does not show up as dramatic as it would on other people. I've been dying to get the Nars belle de jour lipstick, but as it is $30 before tax, I am holding off for now. This will suffice for now :) Moving on,


This is the L'occitaine Pivoine Floral lip shine in the peach shade, and it is a sheer, sparkly light peach colour that goes on faintly. It is fun for summer and not as sticky as some lip glosses. I mainly purchased this lip gloss because I was in love with their cherry blossom lip gloss from last year (so moisturizing, nice colour, not sticky). It was $20 which I don't think is bad considering most lip glosses are over $20 at Sephora. Next up, 


Bobbi brown's lip gloss in Brown 7. I love Bobbi, but I really don't like this lipgloss. The main reason is because of the brush (I will insert a picture below)- whenever you take the brush out of the bottle, all the hairs split up in every direction! I googled this and someone said its designed to get every ounce of the lipgloss inside the bottle but I don't really care, the brush is actually...scary! The colour pay off is great, however. It is so pigmented, almost like a lipstick, and lasts the entire day. It was really expensive, about $28. Here is a picture of the brush... 

And here are some swatches of the lipglosses, from left to right : Revlon matte lipstick in smoked peach, l'occitaine pivoine floral lipgloss in peach, and Bobbi brown lip gloss in Brown 7

Moving on (this is such a long blog entry >< sorry guys!) I recently purchased the Mac mineralized skin finish in light medium. I was running out of my L'oreal mineralized powder (the one with the brush attached on top) and I wanted to try something different. 

I love this stuff ! It's a bit pricey, at ~$36, but totally worth it! I think it will last a good year, I don't cake it on or anything, and it mattifies the skin without looking cakey at all, and gives off a subtle glow. Lastly, for nails...

I recently got the china glaze nail polish in secret perwinkle and the Sally hansen insta-dri in quick sand. I wonder why they chose "dri" instead of "dry". Maybe insta-dry was already taken? I love the periwinkle colour for summer, It has great coverage and does not go on streaky. You need about 2 coats. The Sally hansen isn't as great but I still love the colour. I think i needed about 4 coats to make this one look good! Not sure about the whole insta-dri thing though, I didn't notice it drying any faster :P. Anyways, that is all for now, but thank you for reading this! 
Much love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog