Friday 3 August 2012

Haul of recent beauty purchases/gifts

Hi Beauties ! 
I am bringing you a haul and mini review of beauty items I have purchased and received as gifts throughout the last 3 months. (Warning: During the school year I hardly buy any products so when summer comes around, I tend to go a bit crazy!) 




Beauty items include the Naked palette, Stila Kajul Eyeliner in Tiger Eyes, Lancome Effacernes concealer, NYC Sunny Bronzer, Burberry Sheer Summer Glow, Mac eyeshadow in Naked Lunch, Nyx lipgloss in Candy Shop, Nyx round lipstick in Heather.


Beginning with the Naked palette, I'm sure all of you have heard enough about the Naked palette but I finally got my hands on it (as a lovely gift) and it is great. I feel like I won't have to buy eyeshadows for a long time because I usually only wear neutrals and all of the colours in the Naked palette are gorgeous. 




The Burberry highlighter/bronzer was quite a recent purchase, where I decided to treat myself after doing well on my OAT exam. It is ridiculously expensive ($73) and is the most expensive beauty item I own. There are 4 shades a light beige, a darker beige, a baby pink, and a cream colour highlighter. Swirled together these shades deliver an absolutely stunning glow to the face. I am quite fair and I am able to use the darker shades as a bronzer and to contour my face. At the Burberry counter I tried a few of their lip mists on my hand and the rosey-nude shades were completely up my alley. I don't know when I will purchase a Burberry lipstick- I've been trying to think of a special occasion to treat myself- perhaps my birthday which is in 7 months!




The NYC Sunny bronzer (~$3): I purchased this bronzer to use as an every day bronzer I can pack in my bag and not worry about ruining. I am leaving on vacation soon and I will definitely not be packing my Burberry highlighter (in fear of it smashing!) The sunny bronzer delivers a very light bronze that works perfect for my fair skin and is not orange at all. 


Mac eyeshadow in Naked Lunch (~$18): Amazing eyeshadow. Originally when I purchased this shadow I thought it was too sheer and that it didn't show up well on my skin. After a few uses I grew to love how it gave a sheer sheen and I now use this shadow just all over the lids for a minimal makeup effect. I highly recommend this shadow and I would repurchase this if i ran out.





Nyx Lipgloss in Candy shop and Nyx Lipstick in Heather (~$7, ~$6): I love the Nyx lipgloss formulation but I find this colour to be just okay, I haven't been reaching for it very often. I also don't really like the smell so hopefully it will grow on me so I can get more use out of this gloss. The Nyx lipstick in Heather is lovely, the formula is so creamy and pigmented and it is a beautiful deep rose colour which I think will be perfect for fall and winter. 

Stila Kajul Eyeliner (~$30): This eyeliner is amazing! I've read reviews where girls claim the eyeliner smudges horribly on them but the whole concept around this eyeliner IS smudging! I only apply a teeny tiny bit under my eyes and I use my finger to smudge it out for a less defined look. If you do not smudge it out, the product will most likely smudge itself and look terrible. 


Lancome Effacernes under-eye concealer (~$30): My holy grail concealer! This stuff is amazing, I've just purchased my second bottle- my first one lasted 2 years! A little goes a long way and its not only for under the eye, I use it to cover up redness around my nose, redness on my cheeks, and the occasional spot. It blends very well and never looks cakey. Highly recommend! 


Hope you found this post helpful and please feel free to leave me a comment


Rebecca 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3924528/?claim=w9qee5axnat">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog