Friday 3 August 2012

Products that didn't work for me

Hi There!


Today I'm going to talk about beauty products that did not work for me. There aren't too many because I usually research what I would like to buy beforehand and am rarely disappointed. 




First up is the Coastal Scents 88 Neutrals palette. I bought this last year and was very excited to receive it after hearing good reviews. I was pretty disappointed because all though the swatches look pigmented, once i blended them onto my eyes they appeared muddy and the shimmers or sparkles weren't pronounced like those in the Urban Decay palettes. I did make good use of this palette and used it almost for the entire school year but I'll definitely not be reaching for this palette now that I have the UD Naked palette!


Second is the Maybelline age rewind foundation. I've heard good reviews about this on youtube and was excited to try it. I had such a horrible experience with this, the consistency was very oily and it emphasized/created dry spots! I tried this a few times making sure my skin was very hydrated and tried applying it with my fingers and a brush. Really disappointed and will be giving it away to a friend who loves it more than I do. 


Next up is the Tarte lipsurgence lip stain. I love the colour and scent of this product and it does last a good amount of time on the lips. My only problem is how dry this product makes my lips after application! 


Lastly, Benefit's High beam. I have a tiny bottle of this from the mini trio of Benefit's Benetint, Posietint, and high beam that I purchased at Sephora. This is way too frosty on me and does not look natural! I much prefer other highlighters such as Dior Amber Diamond and Burberry Sheer Summer Glow. 


Thank you so much for reading!


Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog